NEWS FLASH: I am currently teaching only online, during the coronavirus pandemic. See my
Online Teaching page
ACBL-Certified Bridge Director and Teacher
I am a very active Bridge director and teacher.
- I have been a club director for over 15 years, and currently direct three games per week.
- I am a very active teacher. I typically teach between 5-10 different classes each week at several sites, from beginner through advanced levels.
My Teaching Philosophy
- HAVE FUN! I never forget that Bridge is a GAME. It's supposed to be FUN. If bridge lessons descend into drudgery, they aren't effective.
- I don't believe in teaching a lot of conventions and aritificial bids. It's more important to be able to THINK and apply the basics to situations that come up.
That said, many players are looking to learn new conventions, and I am certainly capable of teaching them effectively.
- I believe in lots of practice, and my practice sessions don't always use "textbook" deals. I include "real world" examples, where the proper action isn't always clear.
- I don't shy away from teaching Play of the Hand and Defense. These are more difficult to teach well, and many teachers tend to focus on bidding, because it's easier to teach.
But most players would improve most by working on their declarer play and defense.
My schedule is pretty full, but if you are interested in lessons or director services, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org